MCQs4All - Biology Collection
Biology MCQs for NTS, FPSC, CSS, PPSC, PMS, UTS, FTS, OTS, Teaching, CT, PTC, SST, B.Ed, M.Ed of past papers
Question. All phostosynthetic euglenoids lose their chlorophyll when grown in dark and obtain their nutrients heterotrophically this statement is___________?
- May be true may be false
Question. It is possible to date the rocks by comparing the amount of specific radioactive isotopes they contain. Which of the statement is correct in this respect:
- Older sediment layers have equal amount of these reaioactive isotopes as that of the young ones
- Older sediment layers have less amount of these reaioactive isotopes as that of the young ones.
- Older sediment layers have greater amount of these radioactive isotopes as that of the young ones.
- Older sediment layers did not have these radioactive isotopes
Question. Which of the following is not nocturnal?
Question. Which of the following is a chemical link between catabolism and anabolism?
- All of these
Question. Which of the following pigment is Blue- green in colour?
- Chlorophyll a
- Chlorophyll b.
- Chlorophyll c
- Chlorophyll d.
Question. Which of the following hormone is polypeptide in nature____________?
Question. The windpipe or trachea lies?
- Dorsal to oesophagus
- Ventral to oesophagus
- Lateral to oesophagus
- None of these
Question. Which of the following statement about conifers is correct?
- Stored excretory products in vacuoles, at a concentration that leads to crystal formation.
- Accumulate waste in leaves, which fall in autumn.
- Production of black wood in the center.
- Excrete some of the waste materials directly into soil, occasionally using them as a chemical weapon against other competing plants.
Question. Which of the following plays the major role in providing support to young herbaceous parts of the plant?
- Living cells of epidermis with higher turgor pressure.
- Living cells of cortex and pith with higher turgor pressure.
- Collenchyma cells
- All of these
Question. Which of the follwing is a childhood disease resulting from nutritive Ca2+ deficiency?
- Hypocalcaemia Tatanic spasms.
Question. Resolution power of a compound microscope is___________?
- 2.0 ?m
- 2-4 A
- 24 ?m
- 24 A
Question. Which of following system is segmentally arranged in annelids?
- Excretory system
- Digestive system
- Criculatory system
- Nervous system
Question. Who discovered the bacteria causing tuberculosis and also developed various techniques of media preparation and maintenance of pure culture_____________?
- Robert Koch
- Louis Pasteur
- Alexander Fleming