MCQs4All - Biology Collection
Biology MCQs for NTS, FPSC, CSS, PPSC, PMS, UTS, FTS, OTS, Teaching, CT, PTC, SST, B.Ed, M.Ed of past papers
Question. An enzyme which can convert single stranded RNA into double stranded viral DNA is called____________?
- DNA polymerase
- Reverse Transcriptase
Question. Exoskeoeton of coelenterates terates is made up to__________?
- Both A & B
Question. In cell fractionation various components of cells including its organelles can be isolated in different layers depending upon____________?
- Their physical properties like size & weight.
- Physical properties of the medium like its density.
- Their electrical properties like their charges
- Both a and b
Question. Which of the statement about cell membrane is not true?
- It contains protein molecules embedded in lipid bilayer
- It is a differentially permeable membrane.
- It contains charged pores thus ions being charged particles cross cell membrance much easier than neutral particles.
- It may get infolded to engulf solid or liquid material.
Question. Which statement correctly describes the transcription of DNA?
- It produces another DNA molecule
- It produces mRNA
- It is a semi conservation process
- It occurs at surface of ribosomes
Question. The Study of organisms inhabiting the sea and Ocean and the physical and chemical characteristics of their environment is:
- Social Biology
- Marine Biology
- Environmental Biology
- Fresh Water Biology
Question. The word Archaeobacteria (a division of bacteria) derived from Greek means___________?
- True bacteria
- False bacteria
- Recent bacteria
- Ancient bacteria
Question. Which of the following statement about plants is incorrect?
- All are eukaryotes
- They are multicellular.
- Non-motile organisms
- They Are heterotrophes
Question. Organisms of which of the following kingdom have absorptive mode of nutrition______________?
Question. XO-XX pattern of sex determination is present in______________?
Question. Operculum is present in_____________?
- bony fish
- sea fish
- cartilaginous fish
- none of these
Question. Vacuoles are fluid filled sacs surrounded by a membrane called__________?
- nuclear membrane
- cell membrane
- cell wall
Question. More than ___________ compounds of tar of tobacco smoke are involved to cause cancer?