MCQs4All - Economics Collection
EconomicsMCQs for NTS, FPSC, CSS, PPSC, PMS, UTS, FTS, OTS, Economy, Finance, Accounting, MBA, BBA of past papers
Question. A critic of “Shock therapy” to transition economies. Vladamir Popov, contends that shock therapists put a heavy emphasis on ?
- introducing the reform package at once to ensure that it became too late and costly to reverse the reforms
- agricultural reform rather than industrial reforms to overcome food insecurity
- the creation of a small-scale private sector ans small independent banks
- attempts to gradually remake institutions
Question. For given government spending and taxation the government budget deficit will grow in _________ and decline in __________?
- booms, booms
- recession, recession
- booms, recessions
- recessions, booms
Question. An increase in the marginal propensity to consumer (MPC) ?
- raises the value of the multiplier
- has no impact on the value of the multiplier?
- rarely occurs because the MPC is set by congressional legislation
- lowers the value of the multiplier
Question. If the quantity of money demanded exceeds the quantity of money supplied then the interest rate will ?
- change in a certain direction
- remain constant
Question. The exchange system is based on_______________?
- government reaction
- supply and demand
- lack of labor
- goods and service
Question. An increase in the budget deficit will ?
- raise the real interest rate and decrease the quantity of loanable funds demanded for investment
- lower the real interest rate and increase the quantity of loaable funds demanded for investment
- raise the real interest rate and increase the quantity of loandable funds demanded for investment
- lower the real interest rate and decrease the quantity of loanable funds demanded for investment
Question. The development of modern culture is CHIEFLY dependent upon ?
- upright posture
- grasping ability of the hand
- complex symbolic communication
Question. The rate at which a firm can substitute capital for labour and hold output constant is the ?
- marginal rate of factor substitution
- marginal rate of substitution
- law of diminishing marginal returns.
- marginal rate of production
Question. The knowledge of how the blood circulates in the body is a(n)______________?
Question. What is called that executive who is brought in to turn a company around and make it profitable ?
- Company doctor
- Super manager
- Manager doctor
Question. Pivotal institutions_________________?
- arise from fundamental human needs
- include government the economy education the family and religion
- differ in traits and culture complexes from society to society
- all of the above
Question. Which of the following statements supports deregulation of industries ?
- Technological change has made it possible for many industries to become more competitive
- Because few real natural monopolies exist, there is rarely a reason for government regulation.
- Many instances of government regulation have succeeded in reducing competition in industries where competition may be beneficial
- All of the above
Question. When producers, wholesalers, and retailers act as a unified system they comprise a ?
- conventional marketing system
- power-based marketing system
- horizontal marketing system
- vertical marketing system