MCQs4All - Economics Collection
EconomicsMCQs for NTS, FPSC, CSS, PPSC, PMS, UTS, FTS, OTS, Economy, Finance, Accounting, MBA, BBA of past papers
Question. The rate of change for most of human history has been________________?
- slow until the Industrial Revolution then rapid
- rapid since the beginning of history
- slow because people are creatures of habit
Question. The green house effect is the phenomenon by which ?
- biological diversity is dominant in agricultural production
- the globe’s water pollution affects plankton
- the earth’s atmosphere traps infrared radiation
- climatic changes occur naturally in the forest
Question. Which of the following is not a method firms use to avoid the moral hazard problem in the employment relationship ?
- They pay employees with delayed compensation such as a year-end bonus
- They buy life insurance on their workers
- They pay above equilibrium wages
- They put hidden video cameras in the workplace
Question. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of an upwardly mobile individual ?
- Urban resident
- More educated than parents
- Comes from a large family of several brothers and sisters
- Marries later and limits family to no more than two children
Question. To maximise sales revenue a firm should produce where ?
- Marginal cost is zero
- Marginal revenue is maximised
- Marginal revenue is zero
- Marginal revenue equals marginal cost
Question. Depression is a drastic decline in a national or international economy. It’s characteristic is_____________?
- Decreasing business activity
- Falling prices
- All of these
Question. It is fairly certain that male and female brains________________?
- are functionally identical
- differ in left-right communication
- distribute sensory functions differently
- differ in size weight and capacity
Question. Which is the oldest hydroelectricity project in Pakistan ?
- Malakand Dargai
Question. If PX > MCX, society gains by ?
- raising the price of X.
- production less X
- Producing more X
- Increasing the cost of producing X
Question. The hormones involved in the development of sex characteristics are_______________?
- phlogiston and progesterone
- progesterone and testosterone
- estrogen and amylase
- progesterone and estrogen
Question. The nuclear family is characteristic of industrial societies because______________?
- most functions are better performed in secondary groups
- geographic and social mobility are common in industrial societies
- ascribed status is more important in industrial societies
- a large family means more hands to work
Question. When supply and demand are essentially equal the economy is said to be in________________?
- a recession
Question. For neo-realists the international order is one of________________?
- total anarchy
- centralized power
- full cooperation