MCQs4All - Physics Collection
Physics MCQs for NTS, FPSC, CSS, PPSC, PMS, UTS, FTS, OTS, Teaching, CT, PTC, SST, B.Ed, M.Ed Test of past papers
Question. A magnetic compass will be deflected if it is kept near a____________________?
- charge in motion
- charge at rest
Question. Photon of highest frequency will be absorbed when transition takes place from_____________?
- 1st to 5th orbit
- 2nd to 5th orbit
- 3rd to 5th orbit
- 4th to 5th orbit
Question. Adiabatic process is also called______________?
- Heat exchange process
- Heating process
- Isentropic process
- All of the above
Question. The restoring force acting on the simple pendulum is given by_______________?
- mg sin θ
- mg sin θ
- mg cos θ
- mg cos θ
Question. An observer shoots parallel to a meter stick at very high (relativistic) speed and finds that the length of meter stick is________________?
- greater than one meter
- less than one meter
- one meter
- a foolish question
Question. Three coplanar forces acting on a body keep it in equilibrium. They should therefore be_______________?
Question. Mark the wrong statement ?
- a frame of reference which is either at rest or moves with a constant velocity is called an inertial frame of reference
- an un-accelerated frame of reference is called an inertial frame of reference
- all the frames of reference in uniform rectilinear motion are equivalent
- Newtons laws of motion are valid in an accelerated (non inertial) frame of reference
Question. If the wavelength of incident radiation is increased in photoemission then_________________?
- The maximum kinetic energy of the photoelectrons increases
- The minimum kinetic energy of the photoelectrons decreases
- The minimum kinetic energy of the photoelectrons increases
- The average kinetic energy of the photoelectrons decreases
Question. Beta particles ionize an atom_________________?
- Due to the electrostatic force of attraction
- Due to the electrostatic force of repulsion
- Due to a direct collision
- Due to the gravitational force
Question. An alpha particle in a single encounter__________________?
- Loses a small fraction of its energy
- Losses most of its energy
- Loses no energy at all
- Loses all of its energy
Question. A stationary wave is set up in the air column of a closed pipe. At the closes end of the pipe _____________________?
- always an node in formed
- always an antinode is formed
- neither node nor antinode is formed
- sometimes a node and sometimes an antinode is formed
Question. Absolute uncertainty in a measurement depends upon______________?
- The magnitude of the measurement
- Least count of the instrument
- Percentage error in the measurement
- All of a, b and C
Question. Electrical resonance is observed in_______________?
- Microwave oven
- Both in radio and microwave oven
- Neither in radio nor in a microwave oven